Canada is great country to live, learn, study and settle down in. It provides many opportunities for immigrants and has a diverse multicultural population.
It is the dream of every Indian student to get a chance to study in a Canadian University and then settle down in Canada.
These are the steps you have to go through to apply for a Canadian Student Visa:
- CHOOSING A UNIVERSITY AND A COURSE
The first step after deciding to study in Canada is to research and decide on the University you want to study in in Canada. There are many good Universities in Canada like:
- University of Toronto;
- Athabasca University;
- University of British Columbia;
- University of Winnipeg;
- York University;
- Simon Fraser University;
- McMaster University.
And many more. Once you choose the University then you go to the next step which is to check if you require a student Visa for Canada
- CHECK IF YOU REQUIERE A STUDENT VISA
You don’t need a study visa (or study permit) for Canada if you are in one of the following situations:
- You are a family or staff member of a foreign representative in Canada, who is accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada.
- You enroll in a program that lasts less than six months
- You are a member of foreign armed forces from the Visiting Forces Act
- You are a citizen of another country, but you have an Indian status registered in Canada
- APPLY FOR A CANADIAN STUDENT VISA
Once you get the acceptance letter from the University the next step is to apply for a student Visa.
These are the steps you need to go through whilst applying for a Student Visa:
- Apply online for your Canadian student visa, on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website before you arrive in Canada;
- In countries with limited internet access it’s also possible to apply for visa on paper;
- Provide an acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (a university recognized by the Canadian government);
- Deliver proof of sufficient financial resources to support your studies in Canada (tuition fees and living expenses);
- Have no criminal record;
- Submit clinical records that state you are in good health and complete medical examinations if required.
- PREPARE ALL THE DOCUMENTS
- Completed application form
- The original letter of acceptance from the university;
- A valid passport/travel document, which also allows you to return to your home country
- Two recent passport-size photographs, with specifications of name and date of birth on the back;
- Proof of financial support during your studies that represent: tuition fee + 833 CAD/month (for all provinces, except Quebec) or tuition fee + 917 CAD/month (Quebec);
- A letter of explanation;
- If you intend to study in Quebec, you will also need a Certificatd’acceptation du Québec, English and French translations for your document, a statement from the translator and a certified copy of the original documents;
- Proof that you paid the study permit fee (150 CAD).
You will have to submit a proof of English language proficiency.
Accepted language tests are:
- Cambridge English: Advanced
You will have to go through a biometric test at the Visa application center in your country. The biometric fee is 85 Canadian dollars.
WHY CHOOSE DIMS
DIMS or Diverse Immigration Services is a leading immigration and Visa provider in Delhi`
It has immense experience and in-depth insight of client servicing and helping and aiding individuals reach their goals and realize their dreams. With DIMS your dreams do come true.
Diverse Immigration services has made a mark for itself and is undoubtedly considered the ace provider of immigration and Visa services in Delhi.
Diverse Immigration Service is especially known for its honesty and transparency and also for its accuracy and efficiency in client relations and Visa processing.